Pinot - Chardonnay - Italian Wine - Wine Tour
Wine Bottling - Store Wine - Wine Cellar - Taste Wine
San Francisco Bay Area And Wine Country Road Trips
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips. Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, explore San Francisco, Napa Valley and Sonoma County, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers San Francisco, San Francisco Bay Area, Marin County, Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Russian River, Bohemian Highway and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips is perfect for exploring the San Francisco Bay Area in the classic American way - by road trip!
- Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco? Check out Lonely Planet San Francisco for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet California, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
There's More in Store for You:
- For more US road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Route 66 andPacific Coast Highways and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to California, New England, Southwest USA, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER '3 of the USA's Best Road Trips' with excerpts from each Road Trips guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Chateaux of the Loire Valley, Normandy & D-Day Beaches, and Provence & Southeast France and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland for some European road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
A memoir like you've never read before and not for the faint of heart. This book recounts the sweet and sometimes heartbreaking story of one couples' attempt at raising a pig to slaughter. Showcasing the charisma and intelligence of a very personable pig, the author details with grace and humor the trials and rewards of raising and slaughtering this same pig in her own backyard. Touching on the timely issues of food safety and animal welfare, this book delicately balances the scales of one woman's desire to eat pork against her wish for healthy and humanely raised meat, while explaining how, along the way, the experience changed her idea of how we should treat the animals who end up on our plates.
Oceanography And Marine Environment In The Basque Country
Against a background of extensive multi-disciplinary oceanographic investigations over a number of years, together with the long-term establishment of a Society and Institute, extensive information is available from studies undertaken in the estuarine and coastal waters of the Basque Country.
The present authors gained access to unpublished literature and reports which, together with a synthesis of internationally-refereed papers, provide a series of scientific overviews of particular subject areas. Teams of researchers (from Basque Institutes and Universities) combine to present the present 'state of knowledge', within a global context, of processes ranging from sub-seabed to air-sea interaction - incorporating data on the associated biology (including fisheries) and pollutant sources and levels. The latter are compared with regional, national and European legislation. The volume is divided into various sections: Introduction; Geography and Oceanography; Chemical Oceanography and Water Quality; Sediment Characteristics, Quality and Chemistry; Biomonitoring; Communities and Ecology; and Overall Assessment.
The topics covered include: an historical review of marine research; the impact of human activities, during past centuries; geology, geomorphology and sediments; climate and meteorology; marine dynamics; hydrography; water mass characteristics; contaminants in the waters; microbiological quality; sedimentological characteristics; contaminants in sediments; biomonitoring of heavy metals and organic components, at tissue organism level and using cellular and molecular biomarkers; bacterioplankton and phytoplankton communities; zooplankton communities; benthic communities; seabirds; biodiversity and conservation; recovery of benthic communities; the polluted systems; and assessment of human impacts. On the basis of these syntheses, future challenges for marine research in the Basque Country are identified, in terms of a 'Research Agenda'.
This comprehensive text, relating to estuarine, coastal and oceanographic processes at wide-ranging spatial and temporal scales in the southern Bay of Biscay, will be of interest to researchers, engineers and legislators - on a regional basis and within a world-wide perspective.
Windy Ridge Wines Articles
Windy Ridge Wines Books